How To Navigate The Minnesota Workers’ Comp Process
After suffering a work injury in Minnesota, the workers’ comp process typically begins with the injured worker reporting the injury to the employer and seeking medical attention as soon as possible. It is the employer’s responsibility to file a First Report of Injury notice with the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
You may be entitled to a number of benefits, depending on the nature and extent of your injury. Remember, however, that the insurer’s priority is not in helping you get maximum compensation for your injury; rather, the insurer is interested in paying out as little as is required by law.
At the Michael Schultz Law Firm in Minneapolis, we are on your side. Workers’ comp attorney Michael Schultz is here to guide you through all aspects of navigating the Minnesota workers’ comp process, including:
- Assisting in the selection of a treating doctor and vocational counselor
- Obtaining payment of your medical bills
- Collecting your lost wages
- Helping you find suitable work or getting you retrained
- Filing your claim and obtaining prompt payment of your benefits
- Handling any necessary workers’ comp appeals
The workers’ comp process in Minnesota is complex, but you do not have to go it alone. Our law firm is here to guide you and protect your rights. It is never too early to get help from a knowledgeable lawyer. The sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can begin helping you with your claim.